Starrett S436MEXRLZ 436 Series Outside Micrometer Set, Ratchet Stop, Lock Nut, Carbide Faces, 0-300mm Range, 0.01mm Graduation
- Set of twelve micrometers that range in opening from 25 mm to 300 mm, sized in 25-mm increments, and graduated to 0.01 mm
- Carbide facing on spindle and anvils provides wear-resistance
- Tapered frame for use in narrow slots and tight spaces
- Knurled friction thimble with ratchet-stop mechanism provides quick adjustment capability and uniform pressure
- Knurled, ring-type lock nut offers quick and efficient locking
The Starrett S436MEXRLZ outside micrometer set includes twelve micrometers that open to 25 mm, 50 mm, 75 mm, 100 mm, 125 mm, 150 mm, 175 mm, 200 mm, 225 mm, 250 mm, 275 mm, and 300 mm, are graduated to 0.01 mm, have ratchet-stop mechanisms for quick adjustment, and have carbide faces for wear-resistance. Eleven micrometer standards in 25-mm increments (50 mm, 75 mm, 100 mm, 125 mm, 150 mm, 175 mm, 200 mm, 225 mm, 250 mm, 275 mm, and 300 mm) and a wrench to make necessary adjustments are included. The micrometers and accessories come with a protective wood case for storage.
The steel frame of each micrometer has a no-glare, black finish, is ribbed for strength, and is tapered for use in narrow slots and tight spaces. The hard, stable spindle and anvil are multi-lapped for accuracy, have carbide faces for extra-long wear, and are 6.35 mm in diameter. The thimble and sleeve have a glare-free, satin chrome finish that resists rust. Handling is enhanced by the balanced frame and thimble. The micrometers have a knurled friction thimble, and a ratchet-stop mechanism for quick adjustment, with uniform pressure. Staggered and distinct figures on the sleeve and thimble help provide precision and enhance readability. The knurled, ring-type lock nut offers quick and efficient locking.
Micrometers are precision measuring instruments that use a calibrated screw to measure distances. These measurements are translated into large rotations of the screw that are then able to be read from a scale or a dial. Micrometers are typically used in manufacturing, machining, and mechanical engineering. There are three types of micrometer: outside, inside, and depth. Outside micrometers may also be called micrometer calipers, and are used to measure the length, width, or outside diameter of an object. Inside micrometers are typically used to measure interior diameter, as in a hole. Depth micrometers measure the height, or depth, of any shape that has a step, groove, or slot.
The L.S. Starrett Company manufactures precision measuring tools, metrology and testing equipment, and saw blade products. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Athol, MA.
What’s in the Box
- Starrett 436.2MXRL-25 micrometer, 0 – 25 mm range
- Starrett 436.1MXRL-50 micrometer, 25 mm - 50 mm range
- Starrett 436.1MXRL-75 micrometer, 50 mm - 75 mm range
- Starrett 436.1MXRL-100 micrometer, 75 mm - 100 mm range
- Starrett 436.1MXRL-125 micrometer, 100 mm - 125 mm range
- Starrett 436.1MXRL-150 micrometer, 125 mm - 150 mm range
- Starrett 436MXRL-175 micrometer, 150 mm - 175 mm range
- Starrett 436MXRL-200 micrometer, 175 mm - 200 mm range
- Starrett 436MXRL-225 micrometer, 200 mm - 225 mm range
- Starrett 436MXRL-250 micrometer, 225 mm - 250 mm range
- Starrett 436MXRL-275 micrometer, 250 mm - 275 mm range
- Starrett 436MXRL-300 micrometer, 275 mm - 300 mm range
- Eleven micrometer standards in 25 mm increments (50 mm, 75 mm, 100 mm, 125 mm, 150 mm, 175 mm, 200 mm, 225 mm, 250 mm, 275 mm, and 300 mm)
- Adjustment wrench
- Fitted wooden case