Starrett S436.1CXRLZ 436.1 Series Outside Micrometer Set, Ratchet Stop, Lock Nut, Carbide Faces, 0-6" Range, 0.001" Graduation
- Set of six micrometers that open to 1", 2", 3", 4", 5", and 6", graduated to 0.001"
- Carbide facing on spindle and anvils provides extra-long wear
- Knurled friction thimble with ratchet-stop mechanism provides quick adjustment capability and uniform pressure
- Knurled, ring-type lock nut offers quick and certain locking
- Staggered, distinct figures for precision and easy readability
The Starrett S436.1CXRLZ outside micrometer set includes six micrometers that open to 1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, 5”, and 6”, are graduated to 0.001”, have ratchet-stop mechanisms for quick adjustment, and have carbide faces for extra-long wear. Five micrometer standards in 1” increments (1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, and 5”), and a wrench to make necessary adjustments are included. The micrometers and accessories come with a protective wood case for storage.
The steel frame of each micrometer has a no-glare, black finish, is ribbed for strength, and is tapered for use in narrow slots and tight spaces. The hard, stable spindle and anvil are multi-lapped for accuracy, have carbide faces for extra-long wear, and are 0.25” in diameter, a size appropriate for large work. The thimble and sleeve have a glare-free, satin chrome finish that resists rust. Handling is enhanced by the balanced frame and thimble. The micrometers have a knurled friction thimble, and a ratchet-stop mechanism for quick adjustment, with uniform pressure. Staggered and distinct figures on the sleeve and thimble provide precision, and enhance readability. The knurled, ring-type lock nut offers quick and certain locking.
Micrometers are precision measuring instruments that use a calibrated screw to measure distances. These measurements are translated into large rotations of the screw that are then able to be read from a scale or a dial. Micrometers are typically used in manufacturing, machining, and mechanical engineering. There are three types of micrometer: outside, inside, and depth. Outside micrometers may also be called micrometer calipers, and are used to measure the length, width, or outside diameter of an object. Inside micrometers are typically used to measure interior diameter, as in a hole. Depth micrometers measure the height, or depth, of any shape that has a step, groove, or slot.
The L.S. Starrett Company manufactures precision measuring tools, metrology and testing equipment, and saw blade products. The company was founded in 1880 and is headquartered in Athol, MA.
What's in the Box?
- Starrett 436.1XRL-1 micrometer, 0 - 1" range
- Starrett 436.1XRL-2 micrometer, 1 - 2" range
- Starrett 436.1XRL-3 micrometer, 2 - 3" range
- Starrett 436.1XRL-4 micrometer, 3 - 4" range
- Starrett 436.1XRL-5 micrometer, 4 - 5" range
- Starrett 436.1XRL-6 micrometer, 5 - 6" range
- Five micrometer standards in 1” increments (1”, 2”, 3”, 4”, and 5”)
- Adjustment wrenches
- Fitted case