Starrett 657-811Z Magnetic Base and Swivel Post Assembly, With 811-1Z Indicator and PT22428 Swivel Post Snug
- Inch reading sets
- With finished wood case
Release Date: 2017-05-15
Starrett 657-811Z Magnetic Base and Swivel Post Assembly, With 811-1Z Indicator and PT22428 Swivel Post Snug. Powerful, permanent magnetic base holds firmly to steel or iron surfaces – horizontally, vertically, upside-down. Push-button turns magnetic force on or off for
quick, one-hand set-up and take-down. V-step adapts base to horizontal or vertical
arbors and chucks. There is an extra 1/4-20 NC tapped hole in side of base for
indicator mounting post. Three precision ground magnetic contact surfaces (plus
V-step). Black wrinkle finish on non-working surfaces.
Magnetic Base Assembly Features:
1. 657P Magnetic Base is 1-15/16" x 1-5/8" x 1-7/8" (50 x 40 x 48mm) deep.
2. Swivel Cap Slot permits 90º post travel to horizontal position.
3. Post rotates 360º.
4. 657F Indicator Swivel Post Assembly is 6-1/2" (165mm) high (less threaded
5. Fine-Adjusting Screw. Turn to zero set indicator.
6. Upper arm is 2" (50mm) long with a 5/16" (8mm) diameter and swings more
than 180º; friction joint holds it in position.
7. 7/32" (5.5mm) diameter step, 1/2" (13mm) long.
811 Indicator Features:
811 Test Indicators the most versatile and unique
indicators available, the swivel head feature allows
positioning to suit your line of sight from horizontal to
vertical and at any angle up to 90º.
Two positioning mounts work with dovetail test
Contacts are frictionally adjustable and
Contact point reverses, always maintaining
clockwise hand rotation
Contacts also available individually in steel,
carbide, and different sizes
Smooth, jeweled movement
Large, 1-3/8" (35mm) dial diameter for increased
Graduation .001" ,
Range .060" ,
Dial Reading 0-30-0,
Steel Contact Points,
Length 1-5/16" -33mm,
Ball Dia. .078" – 2mm