Mitutoyo 192-008, Bi-Directional Height Gage Touch Probe
- Bidirectional touch signal probe for Digimatic Series 192 multi-function type height gauge
- Measures height, including step heights, and inside and outside diameters in inches with a measuring force of 0.4N
- 3mm carbide ball tip for hardness and long life
- Repeatability of 2 micrometers and overtravel of 1.5mm for accurate measurements and long probe life
- Comes with an integrated 150mm cable, and a holder arm and clamp for attaching to height gauge
The Mitutoyo 192-008 bi-directional touch probe works with a Mitutoyo Digimatic Series 192 multi-function type height gauge to measure height, steps, and inside and outside diameters in inches, and has a measuring force of 0.4N, a 3mm carbide ball tip, a repeatability of 2μm, and an overtravel of 1.5mm. The carbide ball tip provides hardness and long life. The probe comes with an integrated 150mm cable, and a holder arm and clamp.
Height gauges, sometimes referred to as gages, are precision measuring instruments that travel on a vertical column (also called the beam) to measure and/or mark the vertical distance from the base of an object in fine units. The vertical position of the gauge and its attached pointer are changed by turning a calibrated screw, or one or more feed wheels. Recorded rotations are read from a scale, a dial, counters, and/or an electronic display. A screw clamp holds the pointer to the gauge. The pointer is typically sharpened to act as a scriber, and can be used to mark a position on a workpiece by scratching its surface. On compatible units, the scriber may be replaced by an electronic touch-signal probe. Height gauges are typically used in manufacturing, machining, and mechanical engineering.
Mitutoyo manufactures precision measuring tools, metrology equipment, and related systems. The company, founded in Tokyo in 1934, formed Mitutoyo America Corporation in 1963 with headquarters in Aurora, IL.What's in the Box?
- Mitutoyo 192-008 touch probe
- Holder arm