AmScope ME450T Episcopic Trinocular Metallurgical Microscope, 40X-800X Magnification, EW10x Extreme Widefield Eyepieces, Infinity Plan Long Working Distance Objectives, Kohler Condenser, Halogen Illumination with Rheostat, Extra-Large Double-Layer Mechani
- Metallurgical microscope uses transmitted and reflected light to view metallic specimens, including electronics, or larger specimens not viewable on a standard microscope stage
- Trinocular head with pair of 10x extreme-widefield eyepieces and Siedentopf binocular head with 48 to 75mm interpupillary adjustment, fixed 30-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and 360-degree rotation capability to enable sharing
- Forward-facing quadruple nosepiece with 4x, 10x, 20x, 40xS (spring), and 80xS (spring) long working distance infinity plan achromatic objectives that provide a longer working distance, color correction, and improved focus over the entire field of view
- Episcopic (reflected) illumination system has 20W halogen illumination with rheostat to control light intensity
- Double-layer mechanical stage has 1mm stage divisions with 0.1mm vernier graduations and stage stop; graduated coarse and fine focus with tension control to prevent stage drift
Publisher: United Scope LLC.
The AmScope ME450T metallurgical trinocular microscope has a pair of 10x22mm extreme-widefield eyepieces, a forward-facing quadruple nosepiece with five DIN infinity plan achromatic objectives, Brightfield episcopic halogen illumination, a Kohler condenser, and a double-layer mechanical stage with a stage stop to protect slides and objectives from damage. The trinocular viewing head has a vertical camera mount, a Siedentopf binocular head to adjust interpupillary distance, a fixed 30-degree vertical inclination to reduce eye and neck strain, and a 360-degree rotation capability to enable sharing. The vertical trinocular port can be used as a C-Mount or a 23mm photo port (camera sold separately). The Siedentopf head has a range of 48 to 75mm to accommodate individual eye differences, and bilateral dioptric adjustment to accommodate individual eye-strength differences. A Siedentopf binocular head enables the viewer to change the interpupillary distance without changing the tube length, eliminating the need to re-focus the image. The microscope has a forward-facing quadruple nosepiece and includes 4x, 10x, 20x, 40xS (spring), and 80xS DIN long working distance infinity plan achromatic objectives that combine with the eyepieces to provide color correction of magnified images. Infinity plan objectives provide focus over the entire range of the viewing field, and a longer working distance for improved focus when auxiliary components are utilized. The 40xS and 80xS objectives are spring loaded to prevent slide damage when focusing. A metallurgical microscope uses transmitted and reflected light to view opaque or metallic specimens, or larger specimens that cannot be viewed on a standard microscope stage.
The microscope has reflected episcopic (upper) illumination that reflects light off the specimen for enhanced visibility of opaque specimens. The episcopic illumination system has independent filter holders for yellow, blue, green, and frosted filters (included). Kohler illumination focuses and centers the light path using two iris diaphragms, providing optimum contrast and resolution. The 20W halogen light source provides bright light in a concentrated path and has a rheostat to control light intensity. The double-layer mechanical stage, with 1mm stage divisions and 0.1mm vernier graduations, locks the slide into place and provides precise slide manipulation along the X- and Y-axis to allow coordinates to be recorded, enabling the viewer to return to a specific location on the slide. The stage has a slip-clutch that allows the stage to be coarse adjusted over large distances. A vertical stage stop prevents the stage from coming into contact with the slide and objectives. The stage is 11-3/4 x 10-1/2 inches (300 x 268mm) and has a traveling range of 10 x 10 inches (254 x 254mm). Graduated coaxial coarse and fine focus has a focusing range of 1" (25mm). Focus knob tension control prevents the stage from drifting out of focus. The microscope has a mechanical tube length of 6-5/16" (160mm). The enamel-coated cast-steel body is durable and resistant to stains and corrosion.
|Trinocular port||23mm or C-Mount|
|Objectives (20mm)||4x, 10x, 20x, 40xS, 80xS DIN long working distance infinity plan achromatic|
|Focus||Bilateral coarse and fine|
|Light source||20W halogen with rheostat|
|Filters||Yellow, blue, green, frosted|
|Power||110V, UL listed|
Microscopes are instruments used to enhance the resolution of an object or image. Types include compound, stereo, or digital. Compound microscopes use a compound optical system with an objective lens and an eyepiece. Stereo microscopes show object depth in a three-dimensional image. Digital microscopes are used to display an image on a monitor, rather than looking through a lens. Microscopes can have monocular (one), binocular (two), or trinocular (three) eyepieces, with varying magnification abilities. Magnification ability refers to the size of an image. Resolution, also known as resolvant power, refers to the clarity of the image. The interaction between field of view (FOV), numerical aperture (NA), and working distance (WD) determines resolution. Microscopes can control magnification through a fixed focus, or through a range of adjustments. They can also utilize LED, fluorescent, and mirror light sources to help control viewing capabilities. Microscopes are widely used in education, lab research, biology, metallurgy, engineering, chemistry, manufacturing, and in the medical, forensic science, and veterinary industries.
United Scope manufactures microscopy equipment and accessories under the brand name AmScope. The company, founded in 1996, is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
What's in the Box?
- AmScope ME450T microscope with mechanical stage
- EW10x eyepieces, 23mm, one pair
- 4x DIN long working distance infinity plan achromatic objective, 20mm
- 10x DIN long working distance infinity plan achromatic objective, 20mm
- 20x DIN long working distance infinity plan achromatic objective, 20mm
- 40xS DIN long working distance infinity plan achromatic objective, 20mm
- 80xS DIN long working distance infinity plan achromatic objective, 20mm
- Epi-illumination system
- Polarizer system
- Diffusion filter
- (4) Color filters: yellow, blue, green, and frosted
- Spare bulb
- Spare fuse
- Power cord
- Dust cover
- Aluminum case