AEMC CA7024 Fault Mapper Cable Length Meter and Fault Locator
- Hand-held cable length meter and fault locator, detect opens and shorts and the distance to them from one end of the cable
- Measure cable length up to 6000' or 2000m (user selectable), automatic cable impedance compensation
- Built-in library of most common cables and their Vp (Velocity of Propagation), manual selection of Vp for all cables not found in library
- User-programmable cable library with 15 positions, Vp setting displayed along with length and cable type (if in library)
- Built-in tone generator for tracing and locating cables, large high-visibility blue electroluminescent backlit display
Details: Model CA7024 includes meter, soft carrying case, BNC pigtail cable with alligator clips, four x 1.5V AA batteries and user manual. The Fault Mapper model CA7024 is a hand-held, alphanumeric, TDR (Time Domain Reflectometer) cable length meter and fault locator, designed to measure the length of electrical and communication cables. It can also indicate the distance to a fault in the cable (open or short), given access to only one end of a two or more conductor cable. By incorporating fast-edge step TDR technology, the model CA7024 measures cable length and indicates the distance to open or short circuit faults, to a range of 6000' or 2000m (user selectable), on virtually any type of cable. The model CA7024 indicates the cable length or fault distance and description, alphanumerically on a 128 x 64 graphical LCD. An internal library of standard cable types enables accurate measurement without the necessity of entering Velocity of Propagation (Vp) information, and the model CA7024 automatically compensates for different cable impedances. The model CA7024 incorporates an oscillating tone generator that is detectable with a standard tone receiver for use in tracing cables and identification of cable location. The Model CA7024 also displays a "Voltage Detected" warning and sounds an alarm when connected to a cable energized by more than 10V, which prohibits testing. Determine length of cables on reels, coils or in boxes. Determine cable runs in wall, conduit and other surfaces. Detect opens and shorts in cables and the length to them. Trace cables to identify runs and location. Range at Vp equal to 70 percent: 6000' or 2000m (user selectable). Resolution: 0.1 to 100', then 1' (0.1 up to 100m, then 1m). Accuracy: +/-2 percent of reading. Minimum cable length: 12'. Vp (velocity of propagation): adjustable from 20 to 99 percent. Output pulse: 5V (peak to peak) into open circuit; nanosecond rise Step Function. Safety ratings: EN 61010-1, EN 60950, EN 61326-1. CE Mark.